Learn more about AHBA Members in the monthly Nuts & Bolts – a fun Q & A that shows who our members are as people and professionals. This September, we will learn more about Brad Rice. Brad Rice is the President-Owner of Bellwether Design-Build. He has been with Bellwether for 15 years and “having the knowledge of how things are build is my passion.” Brad serves on the Parade of Homes Committee and will have a home on tour during the 2016 Parade of Homes.
– Someone from out of town has 1 day in Asheville, you tell them they can’t leave without doing/going/seeing? Having a cocktail on the balcony at the Grove Park Inn.
– What is your AHBA pitch to a potential member? If you want to make quality contacts in the local industry, there is no better place.
– What piece of advice do you wish you would have been told earlier in life? Learn to live within your means. Buying items on credit is not always a good idea.
– As a kid I wanted to be: Someone in the construction field, the first time I saw men surveying I was hooked.
– What motivates you every day? Having intimate knowledge of the bones of a structure.
– Favorite binge-worthy television show? Chelsea on Netflix.
Bellwether was started in 2002 and is a full service design build company that prides themselves in designing and building within the client’s budget.