D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Superintendent. The right candidate’s primary responsibility is to manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction while providing excellent customer service. The Superintendent manages the construction of multiple homes from permit to closing by scheduling and supervising job site subcontractors, homeowner walk-throughs, and inspections while maintaining company construction and safety standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and direct construction activities on the building site
- Schedule all involved subcontractors for each phase of development and construction
- Completes each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring all contract obligations are satisfied
- Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handle any related issues
- Authorizes payment of subcontractors upon thorough inspection of work
- Maintains a safe work site by implementing safety requirements and good housekeeping regulations, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements and any state-level agencies’ regulations
- Maintains compliance with all applicable building codes
- Verify all checklists are completed and inspections are scheduled and passed
- Conduct homeowner orientation and any re-walks ensuring homeowner satisfaction
- Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily inspection of homes under construction
- Monitors subdivision cleanliness and hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
- Schedule and manage subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs
- Follow up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business needs
- Develops and maintains good rapport with subcontractors, homeowners, city officials and inspectors
- Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Suggest improvements within the system
For more information and to apply, click here.