Senior Interior Designer | Lead Interior Designer | Junior Interior Designer
IDology is growing and blessed with an incredible workload! They have a great team on staff who are all hard-working and enjoyable and need someone to come on board and be able to hit the ground running with minimal training.
Interior Designer Job Description
They’re seeking an experienced and creative Interior Designer to join their award-winning, full-service interior design firm and furniture showroom in the Asheville, NC area. Their creative and collaborative group works passionately to create stunning, custom, healthy living environments for our clients. This is a demanding position and is only suitable for hard-working, devoted, highly organized and self-motivated individuals.
As Senior Interior Designer, you’ll design and manage whole-house and major custom residential projects, renovation, plan design and furniture merchandising. You’ll be responsible for overseeing associate and assistant designers on your team to meet project deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Interior Design, and possess excellent design project management and AutoCAD skills as well as construction selections design experience.
It is required for this position that candidates be motivated, driven, extremely organized and efficient with their time. Customer Services is of upmost importance along with working to meet or exceed project deadlines.
A minimum of four years of work experience in residential interior design and new construction field management is required. It is also required to have merchandising and sales experience and skills.
- Develop whole-house design concepts and select finishes, from flooring, cabinetry, ceiling treatments and paneling to plumbing, countertops, tile, decorative lighting, and colors etc.
- Manage projects from conception to move-in while efficiently coordinating with the building team, trade partners, and vendors
- Directing assistant and associate designers
- Create and oversee project timelines and budgets
- Prepare and deliver client presentations, record and maintain accurate meeting notes; develop agendas for client meetings
- Draft floor plans, elevations, and furniture layouts
- Maintain professional and timely correspondence with clients, vendors, contractors and others on the team
- Run job site meetings to review framing, rough plumbing, electrical, etc… to ensure design is built according to plan
- Proficient time management and organization
- Self motivated, driven and leadership driven
- Furniture and accessory merchandising and sales
- Order processing, documenting, tracking, receiving/inspecting where necessary, and installation oversight
**This position has the potential to grow into a Principal Designer Role. The Principal Designer role would entail management of the team as a whole, business, marketing, sales, human resources, furnishings and all in-house design projects etc.**
MINIMUM Requirements, if these requirements are not met please do not apply for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Four (4) years of work experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Furnishings (Studio Webware or IVY an asset)
- 2020, Chief Architect, SketchUp skills are a plus
- Plan Design experience
- A full understanding of construction and the construction process.
- Full-time experience with new construction selection/specifications, detail drawings such as kitchen and bath design, tile elevations, lighting design plans, concept board presentations
- Project management related to the designs generated
- Ability to communicate well, be a problem solver, and
- Proficient in time management and organization is an absolute must.
- Full or part-time experience in furnishings & merchandising design and sales.
- Retail experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume (with direct email to receive our job application) and sample portfolio, your salary history (where permitted by law), and your references, as outlined below. Resumes of applicants meeting listed requirements should be sent along with portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
References from previous employers or direct supervisors/managers should be included in your references, and not only co-workers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- relevant: 4 years (Required)
- Interior Design: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Asheville, NC (Preferred)
- Other forms
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance