Sineath Construction has an opening for a Project Manager position that oversees assigned operations.
This is a senior management position in the company.
Our Project Manager positions provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to
ensure that the company has the proper operational procedures, quality management, and customer
service in place to effectively estimate, build, and complete construction projects. The positions
accomplish this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives and
vision of the company.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the organization that mirrors the core
values of the company.
- Responsible for managing assigned field managers; ensure that delivery dates are met,
customer satisfaction is achieved, and quality control is maintained.
- Build, motivate, and lead a high-performance field management team; attract, recruit and
retain required members of the team not currently in place; provide mentoring and develop
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for accurately estimating potential projects and interacting with customers to
help finalize their commitment to moving forward with a contract.
- Responsible to create and manage an accurate project file including getting the walkthrough
paperwork from FM and inserting it into file for future reference.
- Responsible for choosing vendors/subcontractors and negotiating contracts with them for
the projects we have under contract with our clients.
a. Use a sub/vendor contract to help manage costs and expectations.
b. Only contract with approved subs/vendors who have insurance and are set up in our
- Responsible for creating a start package for the field manager and facilitating a prestart
meeting with the field staff, admin person, and accounting.
- Responsible to coordinate the selection process with the admin person.
a. Review allowances with admin before presenting estimate to the client. All allowances
should be reasonable and verified.
b. Provide clear information on what is to be selected and the timeframe it needs be
c. Ensure all selections are accounted for and planned appropriately.
d. Receive and communicate cost information as it’s related to selections. Get any
necessary written approvals from clients for cost differences.
e. Update budget tracker to accurately reflect cost of selections.
- Responsible for estimating and communicating change order cost and time impact. Any
changes would be kept current in the project’s budget tracker for future cost to be applied
against. Written documentation to be obtained and managed for future reference.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the budget on each project. This includes
reviewing and approving sub/vendor invoices with the field manager, as well as reviewing
and sending client invoices and budget tracker.
- Responsible for communicating and hitting a projected completion date.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement business plans that
includes speculative homes.
- Act as lead “client-care officer” through direct contact with every client and partner.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Construction Knowledge.
- Communication. (Internal and External)
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Business Acumen.
- Decision Making.
- Financial Management.
- This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all assigned project operations.
- Assigned field managers will be reporting directly to this role.
- Responsible for the subs/vendors that you contract with to perform the projects.
- Responsible for communicating with and setting clear expectations with the clients on your
projects. You will be expected to communicate in some format with every client every week.
- Responsible to ensure that all assigned projects are constructed in a manner to match the plans
and specifications and to exceed building code requirements.
- You will be expected to manage/delegate all warranty items related to assigned projects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a high-level position and often require requires long hours to meet daily requirements and overall
company goals. Typical office hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm during the week, but you will be responsible to
managing your schedule to the current workload. The time will be split between working in the office,
visiting prospective projects, and overseeing assigned projects.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- At least eight years of strong construction operational experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrate a high level of technical experience in all levels of construction. Must be
familiar with all aspects of construction and the construction process.
- Understand building code requirements and how to refence code related questions or
- Demonstrate experience in accurately estimating project costs and managing projects to
come in on or below target.
- Skilled in employee, subcontractor, and vendor recruiting, management, and development.
a. Have experience mentoring and training direct reports to grow and improve in their
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with potential clients, co-workers,
subcontractors, and vendors. Must be able to grow relationships in a positive manner.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to doing the right thing.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment,
while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting
priorities and guiding people and systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change as the companies needs change.
These duties should not be considered as all-inclusive and may change as circumstances change with the
company. Initial reporting responsibility will be to Brian Sineath.