Are you driven? Do you love details? Are you passionate about the housing industry? Do you like working with a dynamic group of folks? Do you have amazing InDesign/Illustrator/design skills? We are looking for a new team member here at the AHBA to take on our Marketing/Communications Coordinator role. Interested? Apply today! (application period closes March 1)
Under the supervision of the Executive Officer and in cooperation with other Asheville Home Builders Association (AHBA) staff, the Communications/Marketing Coordinator is responsible for oversight and daily management of digital and social media, membership and program communications, as well as facility and event signage. The Communications/Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing the functions of their assigned duties in accordance with the stated mission, goals, and policies established by the administrative staff, governing committees, and Board of Directors of the Asheville Home Builders Association.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Promotes and
protects the AHBA brand marketing and communications standards by:
- Providing guidance of brand use by AHBA members;
- Ensuring that all vendors follow AHBA brand standards;
- Representing the voice and brand of the AHBA to the public.
- Develops and supports comprehensive communications plan for community and member events.
- Leads daily management and monitoring (including evening and weekends, as necessary) of all digital media including web pages, blogs, social media, email marketing, and other emerging media.
- Oversees the production of all membership communications materials; including creating, editing and/or proofing all written and digital content.
- Develops layout of print materials using AHBA brand templates. Print materials include but are not limited to flyers, brochures, magazines, and event signage. Responsible for effective content and timely, accurate delivery of all materials.
- Manages and coordinates all communications, signage, and signage placement for onsite and offsite membership events in collaboration with the Membership Engagement Coordinator.
- Creates, develops and oversees the production and delivery of the Parade of Homes magazine and web site.
- Oversees membership photography and video content.
- Directs and posts social media driving engagement with members and community reflecting the AHBA voice.
- Supports, participates and attends monthly after-hours events to gather content for blog and social media.
- Ensures all marketing and communications materials associated with AHBA’s strategic partners follow set standards.
- Participates in committees as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by Executive Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field and/or 2-3 years of expertise and experience in communications, with a strong understanding of public relations.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of, and experience in website and social medial content development and management.
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge in or ability to learn WordPress, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe and Google Suite is critical.
- Experience in interviewing and writing feature stories, writing letters and developing professional communications that are relevant to a diverse constituency.
- Desire to follow and communicate industry news and trends to membership.
- Experience in email communications that deliver organizational messaging and program promotions.
- Demonstrated management skills with an ability to prioritize and possess the capacity to respond and handle multiple tasks appropriately in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- High level of initiative, professionalism, judgment, a positive attitude and must enjoy working in and creating a strong team environment.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required
To Apply please email your cover letter, resume and any other relevant materials to email@example.com with the Subject line: Communications/Marketing Coordinator. Applications accepted until March 1.