Our team is growing and we are so excited! Do you love to multi-task? Does learning new tasks motivate you? Are you a team player who has an undeniable initiative? Are you excited by a dynamic job and room for growth? Is Quickbooks your friend? Check out our job opening for a Front Desk/Membership Assistant position. Application open until March 1.
Under the supervision of the Executive Officer Director and in cooperation with other Asheville Home Builders Association (AHBA) staff, the Front Desk and Membership Support Assistant creates a warm and welcoming environment for the members and guests. This person will provide member support to the association by acting as the first point of contact for AHBA members and guests as well as supporting the AHBA staff through administrative and clerical duties. The Front Desk and Membership Support Assistant will be responsible for managing those functions in accordance with the stated mission, goals, and policies established by the Board of Directors, governing committees, and administrative staff of the Asheville Home Builders Association.
Office Management and Member Service Duties:
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations and monitors relationships with current membership, and other external organizations to effectively advance the mission of the membership.
- Serves as the primary staff person in answering incoming calls promptly and courteously, providing assistance to callers, forwarding calls to proper individuals/organizations and taking complete and accurate messages as necessary.
- Answers requests from the public for information or directs them to the appropriate agency that may be able to answer their questions.
- Greets visitors in a pleasant, business-like manner and assists with questions or problems or directs them to the appropriate staff.
- Opens and records all incoming checks and payments prior to forwarding them to appropriate staff member.
- Assists the Membership Engagement Coordinator in the management of association membership records and membership database, including, but not limited to, processing applications, dues billing, dues payments and internal and external membership reports.
- Prepares material as directed by staff for the Board of Directors and other committees.
- Assists in accounts payable processing and recordkeeping through the use of QuickBooks.
- Assists in creating, securing, billing and collecting for all event attendees and sponsorships.
- Keeps the reception area, common work area, conference room and kitchen organized, well supplied, clean and neat; responsible for checking bathrooms in the building for supplies and needs.
- Maintains all office supplies including a list of office supply needs and orders supplies as needed; contacts service personnel as necessary for office equipment repair and maintenance.
- Picks up and sorts incoming mail and ensures outgoing mail is either picked up or delivered to the post office
- Other duties as assigned.
Association Event Duties:
- Assists with operation of association’s major events, such as membership meetings, Home Show, Parade of Homes, etc.
- Occasional evening and weekend work related to events as needed.
- Two years of administrative and/or customer service experience required. Accounts payable/receivable experience preferred.
- Must be passionate about creating and fostering communities and relationship building.
- High level of initiative, be a self- starter, and have superior communication skills.
- Advanced software skills – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and data base management software applications.
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar program highly desireable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in order to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
- Prior experience in or familiarity with the building industry is preferred.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required
To Apply please email your cover letter, resume and any other relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: Front Desk & Membership Support Assistant. Applications accepted until March 1.