Are you a people person? Do you thrive on meaningful connections? Are you detail-oriented? Is your background customer service? Do you like working with dynamic groups? Are you passionate about the housing industry? Is creative problem solving your thing? We are looking for a Membership Engagement Coordinator to join our team! Apply by March 1.
Under the supervision of the Executive Officer and in cooperation with other Asheville Home Builders Association (AHBA) staff, the Membership Engagement Coordinator is responsible for fostering the growth of its professional associations within the local community. They will be dedicated to serving the existing membership base and work in collaboration with the AHBA staff to grow the membership. The Membership Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for managing those functions in accordance with the stated mission, goals, and policies established by the Board of Directors, governing committees, and administrative staff of the Asheville Home Builders Association.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations and monitors relationships with current membership, and other external organizations to effectively advance the mission of the membership.
- Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Communicates full advantages of membership, benefits, services and programs to prospective members.
- Collaborates with the Event Director and Marketing/Communication Director to produce various projects of the association including the development of marketing collateral, newsletters, meetings, and association events.
- Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives, and services provided by the association.
- Provides support to other staff members in conjunction with membership goals.
- Encourages participation and retention in the association.
- Maintains a high level of visibility to ensure top quality member engagement through developing a strong rapport with members, staff and volunteers.
- Leads membership committee meetings as necessary.
- Provides regular reports on membership development activities and quantifying results.
- Assists in development and management of budgets for assigned area.
- Maintains accurate membership records and submits required reports to the national association.
- Processes member payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in related field and/or 1-3 years of related membership development and sales and/or service experience.
- Must be experienced and passionate about creating and fostering communities and relationship building though programs.
- High level of initiative, be a self- starter and have superior communication skills and presence to effectively manage the programs, and budget.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet established deadlines.
- Understanding of trends in professional membership organizations, public relations, and marketing.
- Effective interpersonal skills leading to the development of relationships including partnering and networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional customer service skills.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Prior experience in or familiarity with the building industry is preferred.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required
To apply please email your cover letter, resume and any other relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: Membership Engagement Coordinator. Applications accepted until March 1.