In this edition we will learn about Al Sartain of Builders Mutual Insurance Company. As the Western North Carolina Territory Manager, Al has been with Builders Mutual for almost 13 years now “because Builders Mutual is a great company to work for.” He also loves his job which takes him to some of the most scenic parts of the state with an opportunity to work with some of the friendliest people in the country!
– What piece of advice do you wish you would have been told earlier in life?
Try new things until you discover your passion and make that your lifework.
-When you get “away”, where is away?
I “get away” every day when I go for a morning run. It’s a great stress reliever and opens your mind to fresh ideas!
– Name 3 things this group doesn’t know about, which of only 2 are true. Two Truths – One Lie
– When I was 8 years old my mother took me to a Monkees concert…..and the warm up band was Jimi Hendrix.
– I’m a diehard Tarheel fan.
– I have a titanium plate in my head from brain surgery
– Words to live by?
One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. ~Arthur Ashe
– People would be surprised to know…
that in the past 10 years, we have rescued 12 cats, 9 dogs, and 1 guinea pig.
Builders Mutual Insurance Company was started in 1998 and is a specialty insurance carrier for the Construction Industry that grew out of the North Carolina Home Builders Association.